Monday, May 26, 2014

May 12 - Loved Mother's Day!

Hola Familia,

I think extra money would just be helpful and also will you get me a copy of the General Conference Ensign (English)? I really think so for the registered dietician thing. I know i've been thinking about the school stuff, just a little.

Thanks mom! I hope you had an amazing Mother's Day. I will see you in a few short months and I will just enjoy myself and my family for a couple of weeks. I can't believe how fast the time is going and i am enjoying every minute of my mission. It was so great talking to everyone too. Kellie sounds so different and Blake sounds the same, so does Sydnie. Oh, to play a joke on Littles, you can tell her there was a circus here. Which there was! I hope you have a great week and I can't wait to hear from you next Monday. I love you and everything you have done for me. When its summer time, tell my siblings they can actually write me now! hahaha. Give Gracie a hug from me. Love you!

This past week has been full of resting and studying. Our first day out was on Thursday. We went to Zone meeting and it was great. Full of spiritual enlightenment and a way that we can better ourselves on reaching the goal of 40 lessons a week. After that we went to an appointment we had with Luis. We read chapter 5 of First Nephi. We committed him to read Chapter 6 and 7 of First Nephi. He also said he was coming to church. We called him early on Sunday morning and he said he would be ready. We stopped by on Sunday with a member from the ward to bring him to church. He said that he wasn't ready to go and that he will come next week. But we could feel that he was disappointed in letting us down and even for the member. We at least got him to know someone who we can take to our lessons. 

We had a lesson with a Less Active named Hermana Claudia. We shared "Come and Join With Us" by President Utchdorf. She really loved the talk and is helping her with her family that aren't members or that are now doubting the Church. She loved the faith part and how we need to keep to the faith. We explained the quote that President Utchdorf said "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." She is so strong and has a strong testimony. She just found her scriptures and said she will start reading them. The only thing that is keeping her from coming to church is her husband. Her husband is a truck driver and is gone for 2-3 weeks at a time and Sunday is his only day off. So they want to spend that day as a family. We have asked her to talk to her husband about letting her come to church but she hasn't taking that step. We think she might be afraid in asking him. 

We had dinner with the Ornelas family. They are pretty cold when it comes to the gospel. They aren't reading or praying as a family. We are working with their less active son to help him read. We also committed the dad to read who isn't a member or who doesn't want anything really right now to do with the church. It is really hard to see a family that has an active mom, two less-active sons, and a non-member dad. We know that the mom is trying. We are going to start helping them come closer to God and to gain that foundation that they once had. On Friday, we saw Hermana Rojelia who isn't doing that good. She hasn't come to church for awhile because her husband wants to go fishing on Sunday. She is also having some family issues that she told us about. She has some questions about polygamy in the early part of church history. She wasn't doubting her faith but she wanted to know about it and she didn't know that the saints were persecuted and things like that so we are going to be showing her the Restoration video to explain that it wasn't easy for the saints in the early formation of the Church. 

On Saturday, we had the dia de las madres activity. It was so fun to see the members and those who really came and recognize the importance of mothers. There were a couple families from barrio quinto. It was such a great time to enjoy one another's company. We went home and rested the rest of the day because of Hermana Hernandez's ear but she is doing much better and we are ready to work this week. On Sunday, we had church and the talks and classes were so good. In sacrament meeting, the talks were on mothers.  All the mothers received a rose. We then helped primary with their mother's day song. Then my favorite part was Relief Society because the teacher was talking about the Book of Mormon and how we need to be witnesses of its divinity as well. She said if your are not reading the Book of Mormon, you will not be able to go back to the presence  of God. SO cool and so powerful. We talked to our families. They are all doing great. Hermana was really excited to talk to her family in Mexico. I think I was more excited for her to talk to her family. 

This week I studied in the Book of Alma and his mission and how he gave up his seat to go preach the gospel. I love how he gives his testimony to his son Helaman. I have been reading the conference Ensign from November 2012. I read a talk on sacrament and how this man would write down what he thinks about on a card during the sacrament. I also have been reading Our Heritage about Church history. I really took for granted all that my ancestors have done to come to the church. I want to go back to the church history sites and learn more and see all the things that the Prophet Joseph Smith and the 12 did. It is so cool to read about their personal experiences and hardship that they had to endure for the gospel. I also have been reading a little bit in the Bible about Jonah. This week I came upon Nahum and how he fortells the destruction of Ninevah. I want to compare to what will happen to the world during the Second Coming. I also read our virtue scripture but especially read where the Lord called Emma Smith and "elect lady" and the things that she needs to do. It was so cool to read that it is basically our responsibility as women. 

Te amo ustedes

Hermana Fitzpatrick (Kenzer Lou)

No comments:

Post a Comment